Apple Spice Bundt Cake with Whiskey Glaze
Apple Spice Whiskey Bundt Cake
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup TX whiskey
- 1 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 4 eggs, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon chipotle powder
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg, freshly grated
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 teaspoons lemon zest, finely grated
- 1 1/2 cups apples, peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup apples, grated
- 1 cup toasted pecans, chopped
- 1/2 cup TX whiskey
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- Grease and flour a 12-cup bundt pan.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat together the brown sugar and butter on medium-high speed for 5 minutes or until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs, 1 at a time, until well mixed.
- In another bowl, whisk together the flour with the baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, chipotle, cloves, salt and nutmeg.
- In another bowl, whisk together the sour cream, whiskey, and vanilla until smooth.
- Stir in the lemon zest.
- With the mixer on medium speed, add the dry mixture and sour cream mixture to the butter mixture in three additions, starting and ending with the flour mixture.
- Fold in the diced apples, grated apples, and pecans.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared bundt pan.
- Bake until the cake is golden brown and a skewer inserted into the cake comes out dry - about 60 minutes - start checking at 50 minutes and check every 5 minutes until done.
- Cool in the pan 10 minutes, then run a paring knife around the sides of the pan to release the cake.
- Place on a cake plate and glaze
- Combine 1/2 cup sugar and 1/2 cup whiskey in a saucepan on low heat.
- Stir until the sugar dissolves and the mixture begins to simmer.
- Let simmer 2 minutes.
- Add lemon juice and stir.
- Cool slightly and brush on all surfaces of the warm cake.