by Meat Therapy
- 2oz. TX Bourbon
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 6 large egg yolks
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- ground cinnamon (optional for topping)
- Combine egg yolk and sugar and whisk until it becomes a creamy mixture.
- In a sauce pan, combine milk, whipping cream, & nutmeg and bring to a simmer over medium heat.
- Spoon in the hot milk mixture to creamy whisked egg, whisking continuously and once most of the milk mixture has been added, pour back into sauce pan. Whisk until it begins to thicken up.
- Remove from heat, add vanilla extract, pour into pitch and place into fridge to chill.
- Once chilled, pour 2oz TX bourbon into glass, fill with nog-mix, stir, and sprinkle with ground cinnamon.