Whiskey Cheddar Fondue
24 ounces of sharp white cheddar, grated
4 garlic cloves, minced or pressed
1 cup dry white wine
2 tablespoons TX Whiskey
1 tablespoon cornstarch or arrowroot powder
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon thyme leaves
- Toss grated cheese with cornstarch and set aside.
- Sauté garlic in cast iron skillet over medium heat until just fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Stir in white wine and let reduce slightly, about 90 seconds.
- Add grated cheese to skillet, about a cup at a time, stirring until melted. Repeat until all cheese is incorporated.
- Add whiskey and stir until incorporated.
- Stir in thyme and paprika. Add black pepper if desired.
- Serve with roasted potatoes, bread, meat, apples and/or pickles. Gently reheat as necessary to keep cheese melted. Serve hot.